Bacon age-modelling software
From this page, you can download Bayesian age-depth modelling software Bacon, for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
The linux version should be compiled on your pc (in a terminal, go into the cpp directory and type 'make' without the quotes).
A manual is in production. For the moment, here follows a very short tutorial that should get you started:
For any questions regarding this software, please mail me or Andres Christen.
- Unzip the Bacon zip file to somewhere rememberable
- Open R and change dir to where Bacon lives
- Load the Bacon R code, typing:
- Run the default core + settings (MSB2K):
- This will run core MSB2K at a default resolution of 5 cm, sample size 1,000
- Now run a core with fewer dates:
- Do you agree with the proposed model?